Ministry Operations Coordinator
BBT is beginning the search for a new Ministry Operations Coordinator. The job description is included below, as well as instructions for how to submit resumes. Thank you for your interest and help in matching us with the candidate God has been preparing for BBT!
Biblical Business Training (BBT) – an innovative, mission-focused, growing global organization helping people apply Biblical principles at work – seeks a Part-Time Ministry Operations Coordinator. The position has the potential to become full-time based on performance and organizational needs. The role has the ability for a hybrid work environment with both work-from-home and in-office hours; therefore, St. Louis residency is preferred.
Reports To: Executive Director & CEO
As the BBT Ministry Operations Coordinator, this individual will perform a wide range of administrative and operations support functions with the BBT team to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
The Ministry Operations Coordinator will perform the following tasks:
- Support and embrace an office culture that promotes and integrates our SHIELD values (see below).
- Serve as the first point of contact to employees, office visitors, and answer, screen, and transfer incoming calls.
- Utilize a variety of software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Quickbooks, Rock RMS, and GiveSmart.
- Monitor financial and technology compliance as it relates to nonprofits.
- Troubleshoot office IT, phone, and network issues with vendors/consultants.
- Manage the annual operation calendar for action items and deadlines.
- Maintain a digital and hard copy vendor management system for payroll, benefits, policies, human resources, insurance, financial, legal, and technology.
- Assist with logistics for virtual and in-person meetings.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director and CEO.
- Prepare agendas, coordinate logistics, and edit content for meetings, briefing materials, and presentations as needed to support the executive team.
- Schedule meetings and maintain calendars as directed.
- Open and sort incoming mail and send packages as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist Executive Director and CEO with expense reconciliation and monthly financial reporting.
- Manage billing and invoicing and deposits in partnership with BBT’s bookkeeper within QuickBooks.
- Prepare weekly and monthly donation reports in Excel and GiveSmart.
- Draft and execute monthly MailChimp newsletter emails.
- Draft and execute MailChimp eBlasts and Outlook emails as needed.
- Create a written summary of monthly podcasts.
- Review and edit communications for each department as needed—e.g., Connectivity, Curriculum, Coaching, Contributions, social posts, group messages, donor letters, etc.
- Assist with website editing in Rock RMS, graphics in Canva, etc.
Qualifications and Competencies
It is preferred that candidates have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. The selected candidate will:
- Be a Christ-follower
- Possess and live the BBT Values: Service, Humility, Integrity, Excellence, Love, Diversity
- Strong writing, editorial, and communications skills
- High capacity to coordinate, organize, and manage projects and tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, collaboration and video conferencing software, database management, website content management, technology troubleshooting preferred
- Excel at managing complex and dynamic schedules for multiple team members
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in:
Working with people -
Components: adapting to the team; building team spirit; recognizing and rewarding contributions; listening; consulting others; communicating proactively; showing tolerance and consideration; showing empathy; supporting others
Planning and Organizing -
Components: setting objectives; planning; managing time; managing resources; monitoring progress
Adapting and Responding to Change -
Components: adapting; accepting new ideas; adapting interpersonal style; showing cross- cultural awareness; dealing with ambiguity
Following Instruction and Procedures -
Components: following directions and procedures; time keeping and attending; demonstrating commitment; showing awareness of safety issues; complying with legal obligations
Writing and reporting -
Components: applying, building, and sharing technical expertise; using technology resources; demonstrating physical and manual skills, cross-functional awareness, and spatial awareness
Developing results and meeting customer expectations -
Components: Focusing on customer needs and satisfaction; setting, monitoring, and maintaining high standards for quality; working systematically; maintaining quality processes and productivity levels; driving projects to results
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit materials no later than November 10, 2022.
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) references with contact information
- Salary requirements
Please email materials to email@example.com with the subject line as “Ministry Operations Coordinator”. To ensure delivery, the file size of the email must not exceed 5MB.
Biblical Business Training (BBT) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to help people apply Biblical-principles at work. BBT executes this mission by serving individuals leading, and those aspiring to lead, a workplace-focused Bible study. BBT equips Bible study leaders and empowers their groups through high-quality curriculum, coaching and connectivity. The services of BBT are free to leaders and their groups as the services are supported by the generous contributions from donors, including the Bible study leaders and their groups being served by BBT, and other people who are committed to changing the workplace by empowering people to discover Faith for Work and Leadership for Life.
The God-inspired vision of BBT originated in 2008 when two individuals felt called to start a workplace focused Bible study. After a period of time, they found it difficult to balance the demands of their very successful careers with the need to prepare for the weekly Bible study. As a result of their experiences, BBT was developed to provide busy people the resources needed – curriculum, group management and communication, support and encouragement – to successfully lead and sustain a workplace focused Bible study.
Since its founding in 2008, BBT served and supported small group Bible study leaders and their participants across the USA and in countries outside the USA.
BBT has a strong, faithful, committed Board and talented staff.
Helping you apply Biblical principles at work (Faith for Work).
To see people, grow in their relationship with Christ, and expand God’s kingdom through their leadership (Leadership for Life).
- Biblical Business Training’s (BBT) strategic direction is to provide support and equip individuals in business settings who are called or aspire to be Bible study group leaders to help them sustain or begin a Bible study with a workplace focus.
- BBT provides a comprehensive small-group, workplace ministry platform including customized curriculum and leadership coaching delivered through a proprietary technology platform.
- BBT is a Christian nonprofit organization focused on the growth and development of individuals in their Christian faith in collaboration with local churches and serves people from multiple Christian traditions as well as non-Christians.